Register and Learn About the Liability of
Protecting Sensitive Customer Information
Passed in 1999, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act provides the basic legal framework governing title and settlement companies' duty to protect their customers' non-public personal information (NPI).
With the increase in data breaches and reports of identity theft, regulators are focused more than ever on the processes companies take to safeguard NPI. To help you understand when it's legal to share customer information with or without their explicit permission, register for ALTA's "Protecting Sensitive Customer Information: The Basics of Gramm-Leach-Bliley." The webinar will be held from 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, Thursday, Feb. 11.
The webinar will:
- provide an overview of the core requirements of the law
- address the latest government and regulatory actions regarding customer data
- review recent court cases and liability for protecting NPI
- help you understand whether you should share customer information
- highlight ways NPI should be shared
The featured presenter will be Richard Andreano, a partner of the law firm Ballard Spahr. Andreano, the practice leader of Ballard Spahr's mortgage banking group, has devoted more than 25 years of practice to financial services, mortgage banking and consumer finance law.
Cost is $100 for ALTA members and $250 for non-members.
Webinar sponsorship still available! Contact Claire Mitchell for more information.